"The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture." ~ Doug Phillips

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Compassion and Unbelief.....

Our study for tonight is Mark 9. There is just one thought I am unable to get out of mind:

A Father came out of the multitude to ask Jesus to heal his son. The father just asked Jesus "if thou can do anything have compassion on us and help us." Jesus just responded " If thou can believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Then it says right away the father of the child cried out and said with tears " Lord I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

I feel as though I can relate to this father. I so often find myself asking that God would have compassion on me. We know that we can be forgiven and that the things we need we will be given. We however do need to ask and believe. I also find myself so quickly telling God that I believe and then having to ask for forgiveness for my unbelief.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am so very grateful for my Heavenly Father who is compassionate. I know that if I am willing to humble myself to God I can believe that he will help me with my unbelief.

No comments: