"The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture." ~ Doug Phillips

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Long & Very Overdue.....

It has been a long while since my last post....
We have been so busy trying to cram in as much as possible in these last few weeks of summer. I love this picture of Clayton protecting Kaleb. Kaleb has a million dollar smile hidden behind that fist! My mom had a birthday a week after Clayton's. Here are the 3 musketeers enjoying the porch swing.
Clayton started Kindergarten on the 17th of August. This is his first, first day of school picture!

Sitting tall at his work station in Class. Yes, I cried. Wait....I didn't just cry, I bawled!
That next weekend we went camping at El Rito. We were right along a shallow creek. Even Missy got to go!
Here is our tent. We heard the creek babbling all night.
Kaleb was a happy camper.
The camp cooks.

This is my walking setup. I LOVE my Bob stroller, and so do the kids! We drop Clayton off at school, come home, buckle in, and walk 3 miles.
We also spent a weekend butchering chickens. We butchered 12 Cornish rock chickens. Our largest was 6.75 pounds dressed. The smallest was 4.89 pounds dressed. We celebrated by smoking one the next day. YUM!!!!
I have been canning, canning, canning, and did I mention Canning? This some of what I have done. My regular pantry is full of jars too. I still have some tomatoes and sweet corn to can. I love all the colors.
My dad reserved a cabin at a Lake for Labor Day weekend. Lindsy and Clayton LOVED fishing on Grandpa's boat! Grandpa even bought Lindsy a PINK fishing pole! (I love Clayton's shadow on the door.)
I spent 2 days 4-wheeling. One day with my mom. The other with Wilfred and the kids.
They are ready to get the show on the road.

We rode rough trails, rock and hill climbed, even stopped and ate some wild huckle berries.
I am a bit windblown....but having fun!!!!!!!!
Kaleb at 6 weeks.
Clayton came home from school 3 days ago with his first love note. Written by a girl named Darien. His best friends are Stephanie and Emma. (Sounds like little boy paradise! I wonder what will happen when he realizes that girls have cooties?)
I had so many pictures to share...but narrowed them down to a few. Wilfred took Clayton bear hunting this weekend. I am home with Lindsy and Kaleb. I hope to get Kaleb's room painted so Wilfred can get the baseboards on this week. The we can put the finishing touches in his room and move him in!

7 comments:

The J's said...

WOW, You have been one busy mom!! and with a new baby no less. I need some of your energy it looks like to me!! Sure a cute little guy there!

Me.. said...

I LOVE THE UPDATE!!! Kaleb is Adorable!!!! So are the other munchkins!!

I love the love letter too. The 'girls have cooties' stage is much, much to short, I've discovered. Ugh.

Miss you!

Jill said...

What cute pics! I love the one of Clayton spooning Kaleb, such a protective big brother! I can't believe that Wilfred has a kid in kindergarten already...in my mind he is still eating ants on the playground!!

Njos Family said...

The little love note is priceless - I love it. What can you expect when you have such a cute boy!

Judy Cronk said...

AW-what can we say?? We love your darling kids and would love to see all of you!!

Jane said...

Oh all the fun you have been having! It looks like everyone is having a wonderful time! Hope to meet that sweet Kaleb someday sooner than later! Loves!

Lynisha Weeda said...

WoW! Looks like you have been one busy mama! (what mama isn't?! but wow!)
Love the new pictures!