"The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture." ~ Doug Phillips

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WHERE HAVE ALL THE BLOGGERS GONE????

Am I the last remaining blogger holdout? Is Facebook really that good? I am beginning to wonder......after all I updated a week ago with some pictures of my super cute kids. How many comments did I get in a week????? ONE- Thanks Maxine! I know I've been a bit slow updating....but really if I don't have blog readers what is the point of blogging? The fate of my blog may be in your hands......Say Hi and let me know I'm not really alone in blogland.

15 comments:

The J's said...

oh man, I hesitate to leave my name...hehe What does that say about me?
I can't resist new blog posts?!

Keep blogging! It's way better than facebook !

Kate said...

I'm still blogging. I actually blog more than I check facebook! I guess I better work on my facebook skills.

Jen said...

Hi. I'm here. But don't get so preachy, missy. You are, after all, the one who disappeared for two months (not to mention the two months between October and December). Lucky for me, I have a nice little program that tells me when people update their blogs, so I don't always have to check in and SEE if someone has updated. Not many folks have that, so I promise you that a return from a two month break needs a week or two (or three!) of time for people to actually log in again and see that you've posted something. So, you just settle down, ya hear!?! And don't you go smartin' off and sayin' that you're gonna quit bloggin', otherwise I'll have to come down there and have a little chat with you.

Just kidding about the chat, of course, but I do hope you give folks a little bit of time! You'll realize that people are still checking, even if they don't leave comments! :) Take care!

PS -- THANKS for all of the recent CUTE pictures of your little ones!! ;o)

Jeanette said...

Jen,

I did say I realized I'd been slow updating........


Really the whole purpose of my post was to find out if people still blog or if Facebook is where they are all at.

So many people have been asking me in the last few weeks if I am on Facebook. I am not and I don't really want to be. What it boils down to is .....if my blogger friends have all ditched me for Facebook, then I might as well ditch my blog. Blog or no blog....you won't see me on Facebook.

shaunandhelen said...

Keep the blog! I have both and while I like FB to communicate easily between people (I think it is easier than email, I never seem to have the most current email address) and to keep in touch with people I wouldn't otherwise keep in touch with (planned my entire 10 year class reunion using FB) I think of blogging as more of a scrapbook for others to see your life. And I think your kids are adorable, and we'd probably not know anything about you guys if not for your blog. So keep it :)

Dalayna said...

Everybody's on facebook.... but I miss blogging!
My problem is that I don't have any time to update my blog as we don't have a computer at home :( FB is quick, but it's not the same as fun blog post's.
I still look at all the blogs, for some reason my blog roll didn't show yours as updated until the new one today!

Laura Jelinek said...

Hi Jeanette, I always come look at your blog when I see that you've updated. I am not good at leaving a comment every time. By the way I liked the pix of your precious darlings!
I am also super bad at updating my blog as everyone knows!!....but "facebook" is not where IT'S at so to speak so keep on blogging!
You're really not alone.

Susalina said...

I'm still here, checking in whenever I see you've updated! Love, Susie

Jen said...

Jeanette,

Well, in THAT case, let me LOUDLY proclaim, "Do NOT quit your blog!!!!!!!!" :o) Facebook isn't all it's cracked up to be and THIS is certainly a lot more personal and friendly.

And, I have to say that I certainly hope you didn't misread the "tone" of my last comment. I was really just teasing you. :) My dad is ALWAYS on my case about updating my blog. I'm usually like, "Dad. It's only been three days." ha! :)

Glad to have you back! Keep the pictures coming! I can't BELIEVE how big Kaleb is getting! They just grow so fast. :(

Me.. said...

Don't you dare quit! Yes, you can join Facebook but keep blogging! I know what you mean about comments. I think you are my only commenter.

I didn't realize you'd updated. Life has been hectic and I haven't read my blogs.
Love you! Thanks for updating.

jrjelinek said...

No please keep blogging. I need to get my blog updated also but that doesn't mean I don't still read other peoples blogs.

Dustin said...

I'm still around...ish. Facebook is addicting though...

Lynisha Weeda said...

I did check your blog last week but was in Atlanta and the computer I was on wouldn't let me comment on the CUTE pictures!
I'm just a bad blgger, facebook or not!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your back! Believe me, the blogs are WAY more entertaining than facebook! Some of us just aren't creative enough to maintain our own!

Lorraine

Darla said...

I'm with you, Jeanette! Except I am one of the ones that let's herself go on FB. So my blog got way behind, and, because I use it as a type of scrapbook...(because I am WAY WAY behind in that) I HAVE to go in chronological order. So I am currently letting folks know what we did last December! eek! Don't quit blogging, and FB isn't all it's cracked up to be. I mean, really, I didn't know what everyone was doing every minute of the day before. why is it so important now? hmmm...