"The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture." ~ Doug Phillips

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why?...

Why? Why did I quit blogging? What was my purpose in posting here? 
I was originally using this as a way to keep up with others. But then Facebook came along. Talk about instant posting and instant "keeping up with the Jones'" 
But then I printed my blog. When the book came in the mail I sat down to thumb through it and realized it had chronicled the last 6 years of our life. I am not the type to print up all the pictures I take, nor am I going to make crafty books with those pictures. But by blogging I had done just that! 
So why I am going back to blogging? So I can quickly post what we are doing, then print it and have that cutesy picture book of our life. :-)


August 2013

Clayton started 4th grade. Mrs. Alink's class 

Lindsy started 2nd Grade. Mrs. Smith's class.


2 comments:

The J's said...

And if nothing else, that's the perfect reason to blog. You're right, FB is definitely more "instant gratification". I'm in that rut myself & I miss the blogging. Mine & others both. I'm annoyed at myself for letting it happen!

Jen said...

I love facebook! :) But then I get back to blogging and, like you, think of the memory book it has been. I want to make a book of it, too! :) Glad to hear of the update! The kiddos are growing! :)